Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's been a while...again

I'm not sure what's keeping me from the blog lately.  I think it's a classic case of self-induced pressure + writer's block.  A dear friend of mine reminded me (via her excellent blog, The Traveling Circus) recently that I really shouldn't let perfection be the enemy of good.  I think I fall prey to that logic too often - wallowing in a sometimes-obsessive need for perfection while sitting very still.

If it were New Year's Day, or Lent, I'd have one hell of a resolution.

Perhaps I should just deal with it in real time, though.  Not wait for that golden opportunity to arrive in which I can easily change...I suppose this is because change is likely the toughest challenge we can ever face as individuals.  If you truly want to modify something about the way to face the world - it takes honest-to-God dedication and hard work!  Am I up for that?  If I took the easy way out, I'd wait for Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment