Friday, April 30, 2010

Running Investments

It has begun.  Today is Day 3 of Marathon Training. Is it bad that according to my training plan I was supposed to run 5 miles on Wednesday (ran 2.5 - then lifted), 2 miles on Thursday (ran 0!!) and another 5 today (actually made it to the Y and ran 6.2 - that's something at least)?  Clearly I will be FINE - but I am marveling at the differences in my attitude towards training as compared to 7 years ago. Oh, dear, has it really been that long since I've trained for a marathon??  I was once precise and focused, now I am frazzled and into approximations.  Hmmmm...probably no PR in my immediate future.

So - assuming all goes somewhat according to plan, I will be running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in October 2010.

Thank goodness for our new double stroller. There is absolutely no way I would manage to train without it.  The truth is that I no longer have an excuse NOT to run - now that I can put both kids in it and GO, I am pretty much obligated to do just that.  
About a month ago, we picked up the double BOB Ironman stroller from the Naperville Running Company.  It is AWESOME.  We happen to be connected in the world of running, but if you're not and you're a runner, it is so worth saving your money for.  I thought it would be tough to turn - let alone push - with two very different sized children riding in it.  On the contrary, it is suprisingly easy to maneuver around corners and over bumps.  We are oh-so happy with it, and so are the kids!

2 comments:

  1. So, I finally got around to catching up on your blog . . . now if I could just catch up on updating mine :), but I am happy to hear about your marathon training. We just decided to train for the Rock n Roll San Antonio marathon in November (it is actually on the weekend I turn 30--ugh!), so I am about to get a bit more serious about my training--well as serious as I can get in Austin in summer :). I'll definitely be coming to you with questions and training frustrations! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ei! Just catching up on your blog and thought I'd say hello. Your double iron man looks really snazzy!! :) I love my single one (purchased thanks to your and Peter's great advice)! I hope all of the running is going well and that y'all are having a great summer so far. Both of your kids are adorable!! Keep us posted on any future trips to MA - Jeff, Tyler and I would love to see you!!

    ReplyDelete