Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It won't be long before we'll all be there with *S*N*O*W*

It wasn't long ago that I would obessively check weather.com for the threat of white stuff.  The promise of a snow day (and a day "off" of work - aka: a grading/planning day) was enough to tempt me to gather the class around my laptop to track the latest movements of a storm.

Nowadays I go to bed without bothering to watch the weather - mainly because nothing seems to faze the strong stock of Chicagoans.  Despite what I would consider dangerous driving conditions (and my definition has changed over the past 7 years), people still dutifully get up, dig out, and put their kids on the bus (!!) as it threatens to slide from lane to lane down Main Street.  Good thing we drive our kid to school - and later he will walk!

We're getting the northern edge of the storm that is set to dump another 10"-20" of snow on K-town and 4"-8" on Bolton.  Looks like we'll get a foot or so - no big deal for Mr. T & Dad, who have become quite the shoveling duo.




While they discussed the ins and outs of shoveling technique, My Rosie and I watched from the playroom with a hot cup of tea (mine, of course).


She is getting close to crawling - and I'm not exactly sure how we're going to manage that.  We'll need to put up gates, of course, but then RT is sure to attempt to scale them.  Maybe I should rethink my plans to put him in a Rock Monkeys class at the Y?  For now, we're just grateful that she is learning to PLAY on her own a bit.  She continues to find most things and people absolutely hilarious - especially her goofy big brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment