Monday, June 27, 2011

Memories and Boogies


Today I'm sharing a suppressed memory of a meal with The Talker.  No wonder he is such a slow eater: all that thinking and talking and thinking gets in the way of chewing and swallowing!  Enjoy!

***********************

[Sometime during the Fall of 2009]  Today began innocently enough: some definite cleaning up to do around the house, the typical rushing to get out the door on time.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  The Talker and I ate breakfast together – at the table!  Wait – that is out of the ordinary!  In the middle of a cheesy bite of a half-cream cheese, half-butter half of bagel (can you picture it?), he asked me, "Are boogies plants that grow in your nose?"
"No," I answered, suppressing a newly caffeinated smile. "Why?"
"Well, they grow!" He insisted.

          
From there we embarked on a graphic explanation of how boogies are made by your nose.  I swear that I appreciate the little things our bodies do more and more as I help my child understand how his miraculous little body works.  The hardest thing for him to understand was the dirt particles in the air.  Almost four-year-olds have to see it to believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment