Thursday, July 8, 2010

So, it's been a while.

WOW.  Two months of no blogging!  That's just too long.  I don't really have many excuses to give for my laziness, though we have been going through a few family adjustments since May.  But seriously, when are we not?!

Since I last wrote I've completed the Naperville Women's Triathlon, we've enjoyed our local swim and tennis club (still enjoying!), witnessed my father being ordained a Roman Catholic deacon (SO AWESOME.), and explored part of the Michigan coastline (gorgeous, sans salt).  It's been a busy two months.  We've got lots and lots of pictures to come - with stories to compliment them.  Or captions at least. 

And I'd been writing for the Chicago Moms Blog for the last several months, but their organization suddenly decided to close shop, so I've been avoiding blogging while I try to figure out whether or not I want to join up with a new Chicago mommy blogging community.  I'm still on the fence.  The thing is, I don't consider myself much of a self-marketer trying to "create my brand."  Frankly, I'm not sure if that's even real.  I'm interested in writing, of course, but I was running out of clever things to say to all of Chicago's moms on "the big blog."  For now I think I'm going to play it close to the vest and just write here for a while. And while I can't promise an all-kids-all-the-time theme, it does seem to be the one I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment